Use your academic skills and professional experience to support communities’ fair trade practices. This unique opportunity involves the creation of channels for knowledge transfer in order to make a positive change in hundreds of lives. We offer you the chance to do an internship or to volunteer with a higher social impact than traditional programs.
Volunteer/internship positions are available from one to three months. You will work up to 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. The first part of the program consists on spending time with communities learning about their values and culture before starting to give them advice.
Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile.
Volunteer/internship positions are available from 1 to 3 months.
Starting dates are completely flexible. It will all depend on candidates’ availability to join the program. However, they are supposed to pass the selection process at least 3 months before traveling.
- Intermediate Spanish level.
- Being a student attending the last year/s of education.
- No legal impediments or a criminal record.
- No prohibited entry into Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina or Chile.
- Holding a passport with at least 1 year validity.
An intermediate Spanish level is required in order to communicate with community members. In the case of interns, UEX mentoring may be provided in English or French as well.
Please, send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about application and program fees.
Program fee includes
- Pre-departure information
- Accommodation with a host family
- 3 meals per day
- Spanish lessons
- Volunteer/internship position
- Volunteer/internship certificate provided by UEX
- Permanent mentoring by UEX professionals (only applies for internships)
- 24/7 emergency service
Program fee does not include
- Roundtrip flight tickets
- Required medical insurance
- Return trip to the airport
- Trips within the country to final destinations
- Personal expenses